Welcome to your Newydd home
Here you'll find all you'll need to know to help you settle in and maintain your home. Use the 'In this section' navigation to find information about your utilities, your rights to owning a pet, what counts as an emergency repair, adapting your home and more.
Here are our top tips for when you've moved in.
- First of all, we recommend signing up to My Newydd by clicking here. You can use your account to report repairs, pay your rent, message us 24-hours a day and more.
- Next, it's important to contact your gas, electricity and water providers to say you've moved in.
- If you plan on watching TV, including using streaming services such as BBC iPlayer or ITV Hub, you will need a TV licence.
- It's a good idea to protect your belongings with contents insurance. Our insurance doesn't cover your possessions, only the building.
- Setting up a method to pay your rent will save you time in the long run. Direct Debit is one of the easiest ways to pay your rent.
- Keep your keys and door entry fobs safe. For security reasons, we don't keep spares, so if you lose them, you will be charged for new ones.
- For more information on fire safety, please click here.
- You may want to decorate some of the rooms in your new home. To help you do this we are able to provide free decoration vouchers to new tenants whose homes are deemed in need of redecorating. Where a home has been fully redecorated or the décor is neutral and well applied, paint vouchers are not issued.