Anti-social behaviour

What is anti-social behaviour?

'Serious or persistent actions by a person(s) which cause harassment, alarm or distress'.

These are examples but this list is not exhaustive:

  • Verbal abuse
  • Loud noise
  • Harassment or intimidation
  • Threatening behaviour
  • Fly tipping
  • Drug dealing
  • Deliberate fire starting
  • Hate related crime about a person's race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability or age.

You can report a nuisance to us by completing an incident diary form and emailing it to or you can use the Noise App.

Please be realistic

You may be annoyed by someone's behaviour but that doesn't make it anti-social. For example; a one-off party, children playing in the street, pets straying across your garden, or household noise such as babies crying or flushing toilets are not anti-social behaviour.

Try talking...your neighbour may not realise they are causing a problem.

Similarly, while we hate bullying, if a child is being harrassed then parents need to deal with it promptly to stop it getting worse.

We need you to help us to help you

Anonymous complaints are almost impossible to resolve and we need to make sure that the complaint is not malicious or unfounded. We will need your contact details to investigate the complaint and to keep you updated of progress.

Work with us

We will deal with anti-social behaviour, but we need you to work with us. We need you to realise that anti-social behaviour is the responsibility of everyone who lives in the neighbourhood where it's happening. By working closely with you and other agencies, such as the police and local authority, we aim to find a long lasting resolution; but please be patient, the investigation and evidence gathering process can take time.

Who to contact?

If you feel you are suffering from anti-social behaviour please contact our Customer Services Team on 0303 040 1998 and they will explain the process and take the relevant details from you.

Also, the Police can be contacted on 101 for non-emergencies. The name of your local Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) can be found on

You can also contact the Police in your area directly by email:

South Wales Police:

Dyfed Powys Police:

Other contacts

For noise nuisance, dog nuisance and environment issues such as litter and fly tipping please contact your local authority and/or Councillor.

Vale of Glamorgan: 01446 700111

Rhondda Cynon Taf: 01443 425001

Powys: 01597 827460

Neath Port Talbot: 01639 686868

Cardiff: 02920 872087

Caerphilly: 01443 815588

Ceredigion: 01545 570881

Merthyr Tydfil: 01685 725000

Torfaen: 01495 762200

Victim and witness support

South Wales Victim Focus helps anyone affected by crime, not only victims and witnesses, but their friends, family and any other people involved. For more information visit their website or you can call 0300 303 0161.