As an organisation, which has strong values, we ensure that there is a consistent approach taken by all staff when dealing with issues relating to the protection of vulnerable adults and children.
Although the statutory duty is with the local authority, Newydd has a duty of care when reporting suspected cases of abuse or inappropriate care.
We are committed to:
- enable the safety and protection of vulnerable adults and children
- promote the health and wellbeing of vulnerable adults and children
- enhance the quality of life of vulnerable adults and children
- improve the identification of cases of abuse and how we respond to these cases
- work in conjunction with relevant partners such as local authority social services to prevent a vulnerable adult or child being abused
- train our staff to recognise, respond and work to prevent abuse, as well as having a reporting procedure in place should abuse be suspected
You can read our safeguarding policy here.