Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a new type of benefit designed to support people who are on a low income or out of work. The new system is based on a single monthly payment, transferred directly into a bank account.

The benefits it replaces include:

  • Job Seekers Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit

Money Manager

Money Manager is designed just for people on Universal Credit. You can use it whether you’re making a new claim or moving to Universal Credit from existing benefits. It will help you make the most of your money. All the information and advice in Money Manager comes from experts and what people on Universal Credit have told them is useful to know.

Click here to use Money Manager.

Paying your rent

You now need to pay your rent direct to Newydd yourself – something that you may not have done in the past if your housing benefit was paid straight to Newydd. Your rent can only be directly paid to Newydd if the Department of Work and Pensions consider that you have vulnerability or need that means you would benefit from having this payment paid to Newydd on your behalf. This may also be the case if you are eight weeks in arrears or have a history of arrears with your landlord.

What can Newydd do to help me?

  • Provide budgeting support
  • Help to get online, develop IT skills and access the internet
  • Regular updates on our website and social media  

Click here to fill in a Universal Credit Checklist and send it back to financialinclusion@newydd.co.uk and we will be in touch with free advice.

Make sure that you give us information about you and your family that is up to date. You can contact us by calling 0303 040 1998, emailing financialinclusion@newydd.co.uk or by filling in the form below.