Personal Independent Payment

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Between October 2013 and 2018, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) replaced the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) with Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for eligible disabled people.

What is PIP?

PIP has two parts, a 'daily living' part and a 'mobility' part. Each component has two rates of payment: a 'standard' rate and an 'enhanced' rate. PIP is not means tested or taxable, and can be claimed whether the claimant is working or not.

Will PIP affect me?

To ensure you receive important information from the DWP, it is essential you let them know if you move or change contact details. Failing to do so may result in you not receiving DLA renewal paperwork or your invitation to apply for PIP, and could affect your eligibility to use the Mobility Scheme.

For more information please go to the Department of Work and Pensions website here.