Coronavirus Guidance

Coronavirus is affecting many of our tenants, we have put together some information and guidance to help you throughout this time. If you need further information or guidance our Financial Inclusion Officers are available to provide support. You can contact our Financial Inclusion Officers by email;

The Money and Pensions Service have launched a new online Money Navigator Tool to help people who have seen their finances impacted by Covid-19, by providing them with guidance personalised to their needs. 


There are various benefits to help if you are affected by coronavirus. You can check your benefit entitlement by carrying out a benefit check using these websites:

Help to find out which benefit to claim

Employment Help

COVID-19 has had a huge impact on many parts of the labour market, with some sectors reducing in size and others expanding rapidly.  Despite the disruption caused by the coronavirus outbreak, there are still thousands of critical jobs out there. Below are useful websites that give information to people looking for work.

Job Help


The government has also launched an emergency package of measures with energy suppliers to ensure vulnerable people don’t face any additional hardships in heating or lighting their homes during the coronavirus outbreak. 

To view the government guidance please click here

If you are struggling with energy bill or cannot leave your house to top up your pre-payment meters please contact your supplier. 

Self-Isolation Payments

People who are receiving certain benefits could be eligible for a payment of £500 if they have been told to self-isolate, are unable to work from home, and will lose income as a result of self-isolating. This is also available to parents and carers of children that are required to self-isolate

Eligible benefits include Universal Credit, Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support and Pension Credit. Other eligibility rules apply. People who are not eligible but who will still face hardship as a result of having to self-isolate may be able to get a discretionary payment instead, depending on their individual circumstances.

Neither self-isolation support payments nor discretionary payments will affect DWP benefit eligibility or payments.

Self-isolation support scheme | GOV.WALES

Self-Employment Income Support Scheme

If you're self-employed or a member of a partnership and have been adversely affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) find out if you can use this scheme to claim a grant.

The Discretionary Assistance Fund – Welsh Government

This is a grant to help with essential costs after an emergency, or if you have experienced a disaster such as a flood or fire in your home, or extreme financial hardship for reasons including delays in benefit payments. The payment will help you cover the cost of food, gas and electricity, clothing and emergency travel. 

The fund is not designed to cover ongoing financial shortfalls. For more information or to apply click here.


If you need food supplies and are struggling to afford it you can contact the Financial Inclusion Team to request a voucher. For more information on the foodbanks click here

To search for alternative grants to help you can carry out a grant search on Turn2us


If you are need of support with debt you can contact a registered company such as Citizens Advice or Step Change.

Support for Bereaved

A new leaflet has been published on GOV.UK - Information for the Bereaved Coronavirus. It shares important information to help bereaved families, friends or next of kin make important decisions during this national emergency and explains the next steps, answers some of your questions, and guides you to the extra help and support that is available.

Information for the Bereaved Coronavirus

Social care workforce special payment scheme:

Local Authority support

Your local authority may be able to provide you with support. For more information on School closures, emergency childcare, free school meals and advice for parents please follow the link for your local authority.

Rhonnda Cynon Taf

Vale of Glamorgan

Neath Port Talbot