Rights and responsibilities
As a tenant you have the following rights:
- You have the right to a peaceful home.
- You have the right to live in a home that is in good condition and get repairs done.
- You have the right to get clear information about Newydd and your home.
- You have the right to have your say in how we deliver services.
- You have the right to complain about things you are not happy about.
As a tenant these are your responsibilities:
- You must pay your rent – even if you receive housing benefit it is your responsibility to make sure this is paid to Newydd. If your rent is not paid you could lose your home.
- You must let us know when things need to be fixed in your home or if damage has been done to your property.
- You must not damage your home – if you do you will be asked to pay for the damage.
- You or your visitors must not behave badly or break the law in your home or community. If you do behave badly you may be evicted and asked to leave your home.
- You must not run a business from your home without asking Newydd for permission.
- You must ask Newydd (in writing) for permission before you make changes or adaptations to your home e.g. adding an extension, changing doors, kitchens, bathrooms or flooring.
- You must keep your property and garden clean and tidy and in a good state of repair.