It’s no secret that we can all do our bit when it comes to recycling. From recycling old clothes to used magazines, there are many ways in which we can help protect the environment.
Did you know?
- In the UK we throw away 13 billion steel cans every year.If you stacked the on top of each other, you could make 3 piles of cans that would reach to the moon!
- The energy saved from recycling 1 glass bottle is enough a power a light bulb for four hours
- Disposable nappies take 500 years to decompose
- If everybody purchased one item made from recycled wool a year it would save 371 million gallons of water, 480 tonnes of chemical dyes and 4571 million days of an average family's electricity needs.
- Every tonne of paper recycled saves 2 trees
Click on your local area below to find out more about the recycling and waste services available to you: