Homes for sale

First time buyer? Struggling to get on the housing market?

Try low cost home ownership. You…

  • will own your property outright
  • don’t need to pay rent on Newydd’s equity share
  • can buy Newydd’s 30% equity share after a year of ownership, but you don’t have to if you don’t want to
  • can sell your property at any timeimg32resized.jpg#asset:839:url

What is low cost home ownership?

Low cost home ownership is a scheme operated by Newydd in partnership with the Vale of Glamorgan Council. It helps first time buyers who can’t afford the full cost of buying a property but can buy their first home on a shared equity basis.

Buyers will need a mortgage of 70% of the property value to own the property outright. Newydd will hold a legal charge on the remaining 30% equity. No rent is payable on the 30% equity as the scheme is operated on a shared equity basis, rather than shared ownership.

Who is eligible for the scheme?

Applicants must:

• be over 18 years of age

• be a UK or EU / EEA passport holder or have ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’ stamped in their passport

• be a first time buyer, although consideration will be given on a case by case basis

• be able to meet the long term financial commitment of home ownership

Where can you find our properties for sale?

We have properties for sale throughout the year and across the Vale of Glamorgan, from 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom properties in rural and urban areas.

I’m interested, what do I do now?

Register your interest in our low cost home ownership scheme, call us on 0303 040 1998 or email homesforsale@newydd.co.uk and we will inform you of properties available for sale in your area.

If you would like a leaflet about the low cost home ownership scheme, please click here.

Request more information