Your rights and responsibilities
As a leaseholder you have the right to live peacefully in your home. In return you must meet the obligations of your lease. These include the following:
- Paying the ground rent, insurance premium and service charges due including your share of the costs of major repairs done to your building
- Doing all repairs that are your responsibility.
- Not making any structural alterations or additions without our written permission.
- Not causing a nuisance or annoyance to your neighbours
- Using your home only as a private residence
- Informing Newydd if you plan to sell the lease or sublet your home
- Being responsible for any water leaks and for the cost of repairing any damage caused.