Vision and values
Our vision is simply to provide affordable homes and support sustainable communities with excellent services to tenants and customers. This is our goal and everything we do is intended to bring us closer to achieving it. What we mean by the three elements of our vision is explained below:
- Homes for rent and sale that are affordable for people on low earnings or in housing need
- Homes that are well designed and located with affordable running costs
- Communities that people are proud to live in
- Communities where the quality of housing and the environment is high
- Communities where everyone feels included and safe
Excellent customer service
- Services that meet individual needs and are accessible
- Services that are good value and improving
- Services delivered by positively engaged staff
We are a values based and values driven organisation. Our values define our culture and shape not only what we do but also how we do things. Everything we do is scrutinised to ensure that it is consistent with our values.
We are honest, open and fair in our dealings with people and partner organizations. We respect confidentiality and the need to protect sensitive data. We want people to be aware of and understand the decisions we make and are accountable for our actions. We achieve this through informing our stakeholders consistently, regularly and fully.
Sustainability and equality
Everything we do needs to be viable in the future as well as now. To achieve this we assess the impact of our actions on communities and respect the environment to ensure there are no unintended consequences and that we are not disadvantaging any section of the community. We achieve this by involving stakeholders in our decision making.
We aim to achieve excellence in all we do. From the strategic direction to attention to detail we aim to get it right first time. We will do what we say we will do and will acknowledge when we fail to deliver promises. We adapt and respond quickly and take every opportunity to learn from experience. In this way we are an improving organisation.